Sunday, November 15, 2009

Seoul 2

Finally home in Gyeongju. ^_^
No school friday meant a 3 day weekend that I could spend partying in Seoul. Got to Bong House (awesome Hostel!) early and went to Myeongdong to do some more shopping. As I said before, 1 hour in forever 21 just isn't enough time!...so 100,000 Won later I go back to the hostel to make plans for the night. Ended up meeting a friend in Itaewon, he's a DJ for the East to West rock and roll bar. At first, I wasn't sure how fun the night would be,but turned out ok! after a while people finally started showing up and I started to get drunk. Met two great army guys at the bar, one of which I hope to keep contact with ^^ Around 1230 I realize that the subway had stopped running so I would have to take a taxi back to the hostel (getting a taxi for a foreigner in Itaewon is a lot harder than it should be!).
Next day was not so interesting. Had planned on doing some site seeing, but ended up just going to a New York French Fry stand in Gangnam station-delicious! My friend got a cup fries covered in gravy and swiss cheese (or at least as close to swiss as you can find in korea), mine were covered in a cheddar cheese sauce, sour cream, and tomatoes. They were amazing!!
Saturday night was spent with my best friend's boyfriend who is also teaching English in Korea. We had lunch at a korean bbq near the hostel, walked around Insadong, had dinner at pizza hut and ended up drinking at Bong Bar. (bar next to the hostel-both owned by Mr. Bong. note also the subway stop is 420) Bong bar was empty, the two of us and the owner. I was glad to note that a few pictures of our last stay at bong house and bong bar made it up on the bar wall ^^ It ended up being an early night, my old friend went home and the guy from the bar the night before wasn't allowed to leave his post. oh well. I'm sure I can make my next stay in Seoul (and Bong House) more adventurous! Due back in mid december!

On a separate note, i'm starting to take my future plans a bit more seriously. Now, i'm thinking when my contract is up next August I will spend a bit of time volunteering at an orphanage in India. How awesome would that be!!! then go home for 2 months or so. It will be good to go home for a bit, but just for a bit. I will slowly make my way across the world through WWOOF (look it up) and hopefully end up at Graduate School in Sydney, Australia. I'm thinking either Buddhist studies or Anthropology. I think Anthropology would take my life in a more interesting and fulfilling direction. Will decide after much more research which path to take before I have to apply. After graduate school i'm not really sure. Hopefully in the next few years I will meet a great guy who wants to travel for a bit. Hopefully after grad school I could get some cool jobs around the world, and I would want someone who would also be travelling for work. teaching, army, w/e. I'm interested to see how my future works out...

No comments:

Post a Comment