Sunday, May 16, 2010

Another great weekend!

This weekend came to surpass my expectations in how much fun it would be!
Friday night I met up with Nina, Kayley, and Harry (who is Nina's replacement at her current job). We introduced Harry to dwegi galbi and soju! It was a great dinner. Then we moved on to Grazie, as per usual. There were a lot of people there, I got to catch up with some friends I hadn't seen in a while, met some new friends, then went home at a decent hour.
Saturday I took Harry downtown, we walked around, went into a few shops, and I took him to 김밥천국 for lunch where we ate 참치김밥 (tuna kimbop)  and 라뽁이 (ramen and rice cake in a spicy sauce).  After that I spent the rest of the day preparing for a dinner party at my apartment. I made a Chicken Alfredo Casseroll, which was delicious if I do say so myself. hahah ^_^. We ate dinner, played a few drinking games, then moved the party onto London Hof. It is a really nice, typical Korean bar. We drank lots of beer and soju, played more drinking games, and even met some new Korean friends. We eventually decided to leave, to get food and move onto a 노래방 (singing room). It was so much fun, drinking and singing our hearts out. Eventually we ran out of time, but the night was not over yet. Most people split ways, but Kayley, Blake, Harry and I decided to go up to the roof of a 17-story apartment building. We sat on the roof, looked out over the beautiful city that we live in, and watched the sunrise. Nothing this weekend beat the feeling of sitting on the roof with three great friends, in the arms of a great guy, watching the sunrise over a mountain. I certainly hope to have many more moments like this throughout the summer before I leave. I can't believe I only have 3 more months here. Another great weekend, with wonderful friends, making amazing memories.

But I must say....I MISS YOU MESSICA AND BULLY!

2 comments:

  1. Watching that sunrise was one of my favorite mornings in Korea! Definitely one of my better ideas in a while :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. It sounds like you are living an amazing adventure. I am so happy for you sweet pea. I am very proud of the young woman you have become. And I know I have told you before that I admire the courage in you to be able to take on these adventures. I love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete