Thursday, October 21, 2010

Gyeongju Awesomness

So, it's been a pretty busy month for me here! Been spending almost every day finally working on Grad School applications...the process sucks! In the end I should be applying to U of Pittsburgh, Johns Hopkins, American U, U of Maryland, and a few Unis in the UK through http://www.studyacrossthepond.com/. Hopefully I get into one of them!! I mostly applied to Religious Studies programs, but also to Classics for JHU and U of Maryland.

While that has taken up most of my time, i've still had plenty of time to enjoy my life here. I may not exactly be happy with my job these days, but i'm content with my life here. ^_^



First, there is hiking behind my apartment. I went and explored the mountain and the temples in the area. I've never been surrounded by so many great hiking opportunities. I love just being able to wander through nature and see what I find. So here is what I found...





There is still another temple on that mountain I need to go explore. I've been pretty lazy this past week, but maybe this weekend...we'll see.

I got a kitten! Charlie was found on the roof of a building in Busan by my friend Jennifer. She was unable to keep him so I adopted him. He's so cute and so playful!


Last week I went to Anapji with my French friend Tanguy. We had thought there was going to be a musical performance, but there was no such thing. It was still an enjoyable place to be anyway - a great walk around a peaceful place with a good friend.



That's about it for now. This weekend Nina and I are going up to Seoul for some shopping and dinner. It'll be nice to get away and get my mind off things. I've been way too homesick!

No comments:

Post a Comment