Friday, October 30, 2009

In need of critical thinkers.

can omniscient God, who knows the future, find the omnipotence to change his future mind?


Think about it.

First let me say, I have a great respect for those who are religious and can back up their faith in an intellectual way. It takes great strength and courage to live a life devoted to a higher power with unwavering faith. Some people definitely have great reasons for believing in a higher power.
But a lot of religious people are not like that. Most can't hold an intellectual conversation, it's just "I have faith so I win". If you make the choice to believe in God, then shouldn't you know what all that entails? Shouldn't you know the bible verses AND THEIR CONTEXT! Shouldn't you be familiar with the common arguments for the existence and non-existence of god? Shouldn't you know both sides and be fully aware of what you are believing in? Shouldn't you, when reading a quote like at the beginning of the post, realize that it's a contradiction and not just say "why not"? I'm sure there is a great retort out there, but most people don't think critically enough to realize the contradiction that exists in that statement. I don't either believe or not believe in a higher power, but if I were to choose either way I would be able to have an intellectual and open minded conversation about my views instead of just saying "well that's what I believe, so there!"
For those of you who read to the end, thank you for your interest in my rant.
again I ask, in the words of Karen Owens:

can omniscient God, who knows the future, find the omnipotence to change his future mind?

No comments:

Post a Comment